Most general advice people give is either wrong or useless. But not this:
Do at least one Vipassana session daily.
- Those torso body sensations formerly known as emotions are torso body sensations as such.
- You can be aware of them in their original habitat as somatic feelings on a par with There is a buzzing in my leg or There is heat in my face.
- When we have sensations in our torso, suddenly we’re not like That’s a neck-and-chest vibration combo, but rather I’m fucked and my future is dire and all is lost.
- These meanings that go beyond mere physical description are invented; those sensations are not emotions.
- And what we call “I” is a bundle of five, all of whose components except one (samjña) are made of wavelets and not kernels.
Multiple times per day, do a Vipassana Report. Only thus can you untie the knots and twists of compulsion disguised as preference.