New startling Dick Smith facts about my life:
- I am now 15 years older than Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver.
- I am now five years older than Lankester Merrin in The Exorcist. Max von Sydow was 43 when Friedkin started filming The Exorcist (August 14th, 1972 – July 20th, 1973).
- I am now four years older than Antonio Salieri in Amadeus.
- I am now only two years younger than Dick Smith himself when they started filming The Exorcist.
- I am now only six years younger than the famous alcoholic director Burke Dennings in The Exorcist. Jack MacGowran was 54 when Friedkin started filming.
Additional movie facts about my age:
- I am now 18 years older than Rocky in Rocky.
- I am now 16 years older than Evel Knievel in Evel Knievel.
- I am now 14 years older than Sixy—Col. Steve Austin in The Six Million Dollar Man.
- I am now 9 years older than Decker in Blade Runner.
By the way, the newest The Exorcist DVD finally released, to the world, the best behind the scenes footage of all time—footage of Dick Smith and the effects crew. This is currently my favorite existent on the Internet: